Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Humpday Update- All About the Little Things

Friends and fellow gamers, I come to thank you in this weekly update.  I have seen a slow, but steady increase in blog views and facebook activity.  You guys are awesome, and the increase in activity just makes me want to pump out more material for your reading/gaming pleasure.  


L33t HALO LEAGUE
In ten days from today I will be closing registration for the L33t Halo League.  We still need quite a few teams to make up a roster, so get signed up.  As a reminder, the registration email needs to be sent to leetstreetmedia@gmail.com, and contain all the required registration info.  Any questions, comments, or concerns can also be directed to the previous email.  If you are on edge about registering.... IT'S FREE!!


GAME NIGHT!
So we are officially making Game Night a sunday night tradition.  Last Sunday was epic, but we could use more people there.  Game Night is open to everyone!  Let me know if you have friends who want to game with us, and we can make accommodations.  If you have any requests, message me about them and I will take a look at them and make sure they are playable.


IN OTHER NEWS
To commemorate their departure from Halo, Bungie has made several awesome things available to their awesome community.  You can now receive the Blue Helmet Flames as an armor effect by simply downloading Bungie Mobile onto an iPhone or iPad.  This also unlocks 2 new nameplates: the ever famous All-Stars nameplate, and the Bungie Logo employee nameplate.  If you don't have an iPhone or iPad, I will be gifting my 6 remaining All-Star nameplates to the first 6 team captains to register for the L33t Halo League.  


ON THE HORIZON 
Yesterday, team member and admin Devbot and I discussed some details about Close Quarters 2.  Yes, you read right.  Close Quarters 2 is projected to take place in early to mid august.  This time however, we want your input on the last Close Quarters before we set things in stone.  Send any constructive criticism or praise to leetstreetmedia@gmail.com, and we will do our absolute best to perfect this tournament series.  


ALL ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS
Yesterday saw the birth of Season 9 of the popular webseries, Red vs Blue.  I literally jumped for joy when I saw it posted on the Rooster Teeth home page.  I reminisced about all the episodes I have seen, which led me to think about all the other random things I love on youtube, which in turn inspired the thought of doing a weekly inspiration highlight.  I will now be posting weekly l33t Inspiration videos, so you as our community can understand where our nonsensical sense of humor comes from...  Without further ado, my personal favorite Red vs Blue episode- Planing to Fail.




FACEPALM OF THE WEEK
This weeks facepalm goes to someone very near and dear to me.  A woman.  A woman who I once had feelings about.  A woman, who after our fling was done, decided to take it upon herself to try and dictate my love life.  A woman who legitimately thought she could win an argument with me.  Yeah right.......


Better Luck Next Time!

Thats all I have for you this week,
Shoulder your guns, it's time to roll!

Saint

No comments:

Post a Comment