Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Humpday Update- Sweet Victories

Friends and fellow gamers, all of us here at L33t Str33t are still buzzing about the success of the Close Quarters tournament and cannot wait to get the L33t Halo League underway.  I will be highlighting a lot in this weekly update, so lets jump right into it. 
PS I apologize about my tardiness.  


L33t HALO LEAGUE
The registration info the the Halo league is up along with all rules and regs.  Simply register by clicking the envelope at the top of the screen and filling out the necessary registration info.  If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email me.  I will respond to everyone, I promise.


A quick overview if you did not read the previous post.  The L33t Halo League is structured to imitate any sport; one game a week with a schedule and updated stats on teams.  This will allow teams to plan ahead a week in advance for their games, see their competition, and bring the hurt come game day.  


GAME NIGHTS
If you are interested in participating in game nights we will be having one on Saturday!  I wont be able to get on until around midnight (MST) but I am itching to game with the community.  If Saturday doesn't work out or midnight is too late, then we can do Sunday.  I will post a poll on FB for you all. 


I will be sticking with Halo for the time being, and have a lot of fun games and maps that we can play around on.  If you have something you want to showcase, like a map or game type variant, just email me ahead of time.  Game nights we be all about having unstructured, oblivious gaming fun.  Everything is open to everyone.  


PLANS FOR THE FUTURE
At Close Quarters I had the opportunity to discuss the future of L33t Str33t with a number of team captains and get your input on what you guys would like to do.  Everyone seemed interested in seeing some COD along with some StarCraft 2 and Super Smash Bros.  I can say that we will wait until COD:MW3 comes out in November to do anything tournament or league specific for that game.  We are currently developing a game plan for a StarCraft tournament, but, as they did with Close Quarters, things are moving slowly.  I will keep everyone posted on our progress the best that I can.  Super Smash Bros will come eventually.  Im envisioning it being sometime after Close Quarters 2 (in August) and before the release of MW3.


That is all I have for you as far as gaming future.  If there are any other games you would like to see featured, again, please email me and I will respond.  


AN UNDERLYING MESSAGE?
If there was a message I wished to convey in this Humpday Update, it would be that I want you as the community to communicate with me what you would like to see.  I am here to provide a gaming community for you, so I will do whatever I need to do to have that happen.  Ways you can communicate with me: Send an email, post on the L33t Str33t Facebook page wall, send me a message via Xbox Live.  And I will get back to you as quickly as time allows.  


FACEPALM OF THE WEEK
This week I struggled with picking a facepalm to highlight.  There were myriads, and legions, and stockpiles being dropped on me from last week to now.  But, alas, the one that takes the cake and receives the honor is the 'Eagle Scout Initiation Process.'


For those of you who dont know, the reason we were late getting started for the Close Quarters tournament is because I was held up at my Eagle Court of Honor.  The meeting was supposed to run exactly one hour.  But after starting ten minutes late and running 20 minutes over, I did not get to set up until 5:40.  The point I am making I guess is that there are some things that can be celebrated in moderation.  Is receiving an Eagle Scout award a big deal?  Sure.  Is graduating the 5th grade?  Definitely not.  But society will insist on having a ceremony that will waste the time of lots of people.  Is there anything we can do to side step this overwhelming flaw of the world?  No.  So we step back, heave a great sigh, and slam our palms through our foreheads.







That wraps up another Humpday Update,
Shoulder your guns, it's time to roll!

Saint

No comments:

Post a Comment