Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gamer Dictionary- Halo Terms

It has come to my attention that when I game with people other than my fellow Fallen Saints, no one has a clue what I am calling out or talking about.  I should have realized that my teams unique vocabulary for items in Halo Reach is not common knowledge sooner.  But alas, my mind could not comprehend the fact that people use the REAL names for things...  So here I am Bringing you some fun nicknames for armor abilities, weapons, and vehicles.  Enjoy!


Armor Abilities

  • Armor Lock = Touchdown (often shortened to TD)- So named because the person 'locking down' looks eerily similar to a football player spiking a football after a successful touchdown.
  • Jet Pack = Fag Pack- So named because the person flying in the air takes all incoming bullets in the ass.
  • Active Camo = Invisabitch- So named because person using said armor ability is purposefully hiding from the fight.  Making them a bitch.  That is invisible.  Capeche?
  • Evade = Rollie Pollie- Why Bungie didn't just call it 'Roll' is beyond me...

    All other load outs have respectfully retained their given name.  


    Weapons

    • Concussion Rifle = Dino Blaster- So named due to the release of 'Dino Blasters' in the Action Sack playlist.  It is a fitting name.


    • Focus Rifle = Void Ray- So named due to the similarity to the Void Ray unit in StarCraft 2.  
    • Plasma Launcher = The Getchaselfkilled Gun (also, Paintball Gun and Blueberry Launcher)- So named because once in your hands you have about 15 seconds to live, so know that if you choose to pick up the Plasma Launcher you are just getting yourself killed.  
    • Fuel Rod Gun = Rigged Infantry Killer- So named because of its over effectiveness against infantry and minimal effectiveness against vehicles. 

    All other weapons have respectfully retained their given name.  Except for the Assault Rifle.  That gun deserves no respect whatsoever.  


    Vehicles
    I have heard various different nicknames for the various different vehicles, but I will stick by the wise words of fellow gamer SSMinowJohnson: Everything on the ground is a truck, and everything in the sky is a boat.  Tucks and Boats.  Keepin it simple.


    Other

    • Cripple- Referring to a Spartan with the robotic arm.
    • Chick- Referring to a female Spartan
    • Worms- Referring to Elites
    And there is my teams lingo in a nutshell.  Hopefully when I game with the community everyone will be able to understand me now. 


    Shoulder your guns, it's time to roll!
    Saint

    No comments:

    Post a Comment